The Entities tab is where Departments and Companies can be configured. In order to do this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Entities tab in Oval Administration.
- Click on New.
- Select the record type either Company or Department.
- Enter the Entity Name and Legal Entity Name.
- Search for the Chart of Accounts associated with this Entity.
- Search for the Parent Entity if this is a child.
- Enter the timezone identifier ( e.g Europe/London).
- Select the method of rounding for Transactions.
- Enter the Contact Information.
- Enter the Address details.
- Click on save.
Once you click on Save, you can then start entering the following ; Entity Financial Years, Posting Rules, Transaction Templates, Accounting Journal Templates associated with this Entity.
These can either be created new within this layout, or they can be created within there own tabs. Please refer to the relevant help in order to do this.
End of Article.